Briter Computers is offering a six-month full-time equivalent Specialist Technician position to provide additional technical support to schools in the Supplementary Specialist Technician South East Victoria Region – metro areas
(South East Victoria Region, which will cover Bayside, Glen Eira, Kingston, Greater Dandenong, Frankston, Casey and Cardinia local government areas)
The role will be for six months from commencement.
Must apply via Working For Victoria
Candidates must have a minimum of 2 years’ industry experience as well as previous experience within the eduSTAR program OR extensive experience within a similar environment essential for consideration.
The key roles of a Supplementary Specialist Technician include:
- Assisting with the delivery technical support to schools as per Regional Service Delivery Manager (SDM) direction
- Supporting, with guidance, the deployment and support of Department ICT projects and initiatives
- Applying Department defined best practice and ICT standards in schools
- Supporting Department technologies in schools by completing tasks such as device asset accounting, reimaging and deployment, basic troubleshooting and user support
- With appropriate support, work under guidance of school leadership and TSS Specialist Technicians to provide the day-to-day management of tasks and school-based ICT initiatives
- Escalating issues to the Regional SDM where additional assistance is required.
- A working knowledge of onsite and remote IT support practice.
- Knowledge of user request and Service Management processes.
- Good communication and documentation skills.
- Punctual and thorough.
- Ability to work as part of a technical support team and follow the documentation of others.
- An awareness of Workplace Hygiene practices.
- A valid Working with Children Check is preferred for immediate commencement.
- Technical experience in an organisational, commercial or educational setting would be an advantage.
- Technical skills in:
- Windows Server Technologies
- Service and management of Windows and Apple devices
- Network Administration.
- Ability to troubleshoot and complete fault find through systematic processes of observation and elimination.
- Experience with planning, deployment & management of 1 to 1 user/devices in an enterprise environment will be highly regarded.
- Motivated, self-starter; able to work autonomously, or as part of a team as the work dictates.
- Resourceful – able to find and research information in order to derive appropriate solutions to problems.
All Applicants Must Be.
- Highly Motivated professionals who have ability to work autonomously, or as part of a team as the company or Department requires. Excellent at technical problem solving. The ability to assess problems and troubleshoot, as well as escalate to senior management when required.
- Reliable and well organized.
- Outstanding people skills with a genuine passion for the ICT industry.
- The ability to follow and complete technical documentation accurately when required.
- Current driver’s license and reliable motor vehicle.
- Australian citizen or an Australian permanent residency.
- Police and background checks will be performed on all shortlisted candidates
- Successful candidates will be required to obtain a Working With Children Check
Remuneration is negotiable depending on candidate’s skill set and level of relevant industry experience
Part time and full time roles available with negotiable options available
|Job Category||Specialist Technician|
|Hours Per Week||40|