Briter Computers is offering a six-month full-time equivalent Specialist Technician position to provide additional technical support to schools in the North East Victoria Region – Rural (remote and onsite) and to support some pipeline technology projects.
Must apply via Working For Victoria
Candidates must have a minimum of 2 years’ industry experience as well as previous experience within the eduSTAR program OR extensive experience within a similar environment essential for consideration.
The key roles of a Supplementary Specialist Technician include:
- Assisting with the delivery technical support to schools as per Regional Service Delivery Manager (SDM) direction
- Supporting, with guidance, the deployment and support of Department ICT projects and initiatives
- Applying Department defined best practice and ICT standards in schools
- Supporting Department technologies in schools by completing tasks such as device asset accounting, reimaging and deployment, basic troubleshooting and user support
- With appropriate support, work under guidance of school leadership and TSS Specialist Technicians to provide the day-to-day management of tasks and school-based ICT initiatives
- Escalating issues to the Regional SDM and RSTs where additional assistance is required.
- A working knowledge of onsite and remote IT support practices.
- Knowledge of user request and incident escalation processes
- Good communication and documentation skills.
- Punctual and thorough.
- Ability to work as part of a technical support team and follow the documentation of others.
- An awareness of Workplace Hygiene practices.
- Technical experience in an organisational, commercial or educational setting would be an advantage.
- Technical skills in:
- Windows Server Technologies
- Service and management of Windows and Apple devices
- Network Administration.
- Ability to troubleshoot and complete fault find through systematic processes of observation and elimination.
- Experience with planning, deployment & management of 1 to 1 user/devices in an enterprise environment will be highly regarded.
- Motivated, self-starter; able to work autonomously, or as part of a team as the work dictates.
- Resourceful – able to find and research information in order to derive appropriate solutions to problems
All Applicants Must Be.
- Highly Motivated professionals who have ability to work autonomously, or as part of a team as the company or Department requires. Excellent at technical problem solving. The ability to assess problems and troubleshoot, as well as escalate to senior management when required.
- Reliable and well organized.
- Outstanding people skills with a genuine passion for the ICT industry.
- The ability to follow and complete technical documentation accurately when required.
- Current driver’s license and reliable motor vehicle.
- Australian citizen or an Australian permanent residency.
- Police and background checks will be performed on all shortlisted candidates
- Successful candidates will be required to obtain a Working With Children Check
Remuneration is negotiable depending on candidate’s skill set and level of relevant industry experience
Part time and full time roles available with negotiable options available
|Job Category||Specialist Technician|
|Hours Per Week||40|