Briter Computers is offering Two six-month full-time equivalent Project Specialist Technician positions to provide additional technical support to the Department of Education based in the Melbourne CBD supporting some pipeline technology projects to benefit all Victorian government schools.
Must apply via Working For Victoria
Candidates must have a minimum of 2 years’ industry experience as well as previous experience within the eduSTAR program OR extensive experience within a similar environment essential for consideration.
The key roles of a Project Specialist Technician include:
- Assisting with the delivery of pipeline projects under the direction of Department management.
- Applying Department defined best practice to support the deployment of servers.
- Work under guidance of Department technical specialists to provide technical support to school specialist technicians and complete a range of ICT related tasks.
- Escalating issues where additional assistance is required.
- Experience and competency in the following tasks:
- Active directory (user accounts, computer accounts, groups and membership, permissions).
- Windows servers (accessing file & print shares over networks, NTFS and share permissions).
- Hyper-V: (virtual machines(exporting, importing and configuring. virtual network operation and diagnostics).
- An intermediate knowledge of DNS, DHCP and server hardware diagnostics.
- Good communication and documentation skills.
- Ability to work as part of a technical support team and follow the documentation of others.
- An awareness of Workplace Hygiene practices.
- Experience in networking (subnets and gateways, OSI layers, diagnostics, VLANs).
- An intermediate knowledge of Powershell, Group Policy, SSH and Cisco switch configuration will he highly regarded.
- Technical experience in an organisational, commercial or educational setting would be an advantage.
- Ability to troubleshoot and complete fault find through systematic processes of observation and elimination.
- Punctual and thorough.
- Motivated, self-starter; able to work autonomously, or as part of a team as the work dictates.
- Resourceful – able to find and research information in order to derive appropriate solutions to problems.
All Applicants Must Be.
- Highly Motivated professionals who have ability to work autonomously, or as part of a team as the company or Department requires. Excellent at technical problem solving. The ability to assess problems and troubleshoot, as well as escalate to senior management when required.
- Reliable and well organized.
- Outstanding people skills with a genuine passion for the ICT industry.
- The ability to follow and complete technical documentation accurately when required.
- Current driver’s license and reliable motor vehicle.
- Australian citizen or an Australian permanent residency.
- Police and background checks will be performed on all shortlisted candidates
- Successful candidates will be required to obtain a Working With Children Check
Remuneration is negotiable depending on candidate’s skill set and level of relevant industry experience
Part time and full time roles available with negotiable options available
|Job Category||Specialist Technician|
|Hours Per Week||40|