Briter Computers is seeking experienced IT professionals to fill contracted positions within the company. Successful candidates will be employed by Briter computers to provide contracted ongoing technical support services to the Department of Education (Department) through the Technical Support to Schools Program (eduSTAR.TSS).
Candidates must have a minimum of 2 years’ industry experience as well as previous experience within the eduSTAR program OR extensive experience within a similar environment essential for consideration.
The roles and responsibilities consist of managing the IT infrastructure, administration, maintenance and development of school network and server infrastructure as well as providing ICT support services to both the staff and students in within the schools program.
- The successful applicant will require high level, advanced technical skills in:
- Windows Server Technologies
- Service and management of Windows and Apple devices,
- Network Administration,
- Good communication and documentation skills essential
- Personal attributes:
- Motivated, self-starter; able to work autonomously, or as part of a team as the work dictates
- Resourceful – able to find and research information in order to derive appropriate solutions to problems
- Punctual, thorough
- A good communicator, able to document technical procedures, and follow documentation of others
- Ability to troubleshoot and fault find through systematic processes of observation and elimination
- Relevant experience in an educational setting, along with knowledge of wireless deployment and DET initiatives.
- Previous experience with planning, deployment & management of 1 to 1 user/devices in an enterprise environment will be highly regarded.
- The applicant would also need to demonstrate the ability to plan and run ICT professional development sessions and work collaboratively with the Schools’ ICT Management.
All Applicants Must Be.
- Highly Motivated professionals who have ability to work autonomously, or as part of a team as the company or Department requires. Excellent at technical problem solving. The ability to assess problems and troubleshoot, as well as escalate to senior management when required.
- Reliable and well organized.
- Outstanding people skills with a genuine passion for the ICT industry.
- The ability to follow and complete technical documentation accurately when required.
- Current driver’s license and reliable motor vehicle.
- Australian citizen or an Australian permanent residency.
- Police and background checks will be performed on all shortlisted candidates
- Successful candidates will be required to obtain a Working With Children Check
Remuneration is negotiable depending on candidate’s skill set and level of relevant industry experience
Part time and full time roles available with negotiable options available
|Job Category||Specialist Technician|
|Hours Per Week||6.9|